Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Increasing breast size can be a powerful way to enhance your overall beauty and aesthetic. But not all patients may want to try implants, so we also offer a more natural way to boost breast volume: breast fat grafting. When you choose fat transfer breast augmentation in Meridian at the Leyngold Institute for Plastic Surgery, you have the chance to enhance breast size without artificial materials.
What Is fat transfer breast augmentation?
Fat transfer breast augmentation uses natural fat from another part of your body to enlarge and enhance the appearance of your breasts. This natural fat is harvested via liposuction, then carefully injected into the area around the breast tissue to increase breast volume. When placed by an experienced surgeon, this natural fat can transform the look and feel of your breasts, creating a softer, more natural result than what is achieved with implants.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting breast augmentation may offer our patients many advantages, including natural-looking results and minimal scarring. Patients can expect to experience a lower risk of infection, rapid recovery times, and natural results that can last for years. Patients who prefer this procedure enjoy how the results can look and feel more natural than breast augmentation with implants because it only uses your body’s own material. Your breasts will look and feel like yours because they are. The breakdown below highlights some of the key benefits of this procedure.
- Natural volume: Using only material harvested from your own body allows for a more natural look and feel.
- Shorter recovery: By using less invasive techniques than traditional augmentation, your body can recuperate a bit more quickly.
- Minimal to no scarring: The procedure does not require the larger incisions needed by traditional implants, resulting in little to no noticeable scarring.
Is Natural Breast Augmentation right for me?
Fat Grafting vs Traditional Implants
Fat Grafting Can Enhance Breast Augmentation
- Smoothing out any irregularities in size or shape for improved symmetry and balance
- Reducing rippling and making implant edges more subtle
- Fine-tuning your results for an increase in the natural look and feel of your breasts
- Liposuction – During liposuction, we will harvest natural fat from an area of your body with excess fat and prepare it for injection into the breasts.
- Injection – Our surgeon will use natural fat from the liposuction to inject into the area around your breast tissue.
- Final Adjustment – After the natural fat has been injected, we may make slight adjustments for natural-looking results.
- Recovery – You will be able to go home soon after natural breast augmentation with someone to drive you.
What Is the Recovery Like for Breast Fat Grafting?
Recovery time after fat transfer breast augmentation is typically a bit quicker than with implant surgery. Patients often experience mild swelling and bruising, but most can return to light activities, such as moving around within a few days of the procedure. However, patients can still expect to take about two weeks off from work and strenuous activity during this initial healing period. In order for your results to turn out optimally, it will be important not to rush your recovery and to follow all of your post-procedure care instructions.
When Can I See Results?
It can take time to see the full results of fat transfer breast augmentation with some patients noticing changes within a few weeks. In most cases, it takes up to three months for natural fat to become fully incorporated into the surrounding tissue and your desired outcomes to be achieved. During this time, it is natural to notice swelling and the shape and size of your breasts may seem to go down. This is because we place more fat than needed during the procedure, as some of it will die off. Once the tissues have settled though, you can expect to see long-lasting results that look and feel natural for years to come.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
You can take the first step toward achieving a natural-looking breast enhancement today by scheduling your consultation over the phone or through our online form. You will meet one-on-one with one of our experienced surgeons to discuss your goals and learn if fat transfer breast augmentation in Meridian is right for you. Contact us today to lock in your consultation and get started on seeing a lasting cosmetic boost.